THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
    I just found this place!

Stretched tank help!!

I'm wanting to add a stretch tank to my 06 FLHX Streetglide (carb). I was on the fence about stretching the tank bc of the limited seat issue but with all my other parts i have being stretched (top shop fairing, dirty bird 8" bags, rear fender, and stretched side covers) I dk if the stock tank would look good or not.... I bought all my parts seperatly and i plan on sending my bike to the body shop for paint at the end of the year. I purchased a new c&c solo seat with pillion less than a year ago so it's still practically new. Do any of you have any experience with how much I'd have to modify the seat to make it work? I'm interested in the yaffe 6gal metal tank. I've heard the glue on shrouds make the tank look too big/fat.
    Other options?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow98 View Post
    I'm wanting to add a stretch tank to my 06 FLHX Streetglide (carb). I was on the fence about stretching the tank bc of the limited seat issue but with all my other parts i have being stretched (top shop fairing, dirty bird 8" bags, rear fender, and stretched side covers) I dk if the stock tank would look good or not.... I bought all my parts seperatly and i plan on sending my bike to the body shop for paint at the end of the year. I purchased a new c&c solo seat with pillion less than a year ago so it's still practically new. Do any of you have any experience with how much I'd have to modify the seat to make it work? I'm interested in the yaffe 6gal metal tank. I've heard the glue on shrouds make the tank look too big/fat.
    Other options?
    I am a big guy and the pickard extension works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X rated Harley Davidson
    image008.jpgimage003b.jpgDSCN2314.jpg
    Pickard extension here as well....
    Saddlebags can never hold everything you want, but they CAN hold everything you need....

Very Nice! Awesome Mod! Stretched tanks dont take up as much room as you might think! Some guys are custom stretching out of original tanks.

Site Supporter
    Those 2 tanks above look fantastic, but appear to be newer style 6-gallon tanks ('08-up). I love the look, but the problem for the '07-down tanks is that the dash is more blocky (new word) and and not so streamlined because of the filler neck and vent.

Site Supporter
    Harley Yaffe Tank.jpg
    Yaffe stretched tank and dash on my 07 FLHX
    It's only money!

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Damn good looking tank and paint!

Quote Originally Posted by baddazzgasser View Post
    Harley Yaffe Tank.jpg
    Yaffe stretched tank and dash on my 07 FLHX

For Sale
    Yaffe tank on an 07.

279.jpg

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    I went with the Misfits clam shell type only because I was able to keep the sides where the seat meets right on the frame rails and narrow between my legs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk