Mad Wheels
THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just found this place!

07 Vstar 1100 bagger build

Name is Travis and starting a build on my 07 vstar 1100 classic. Im a college student and not looking to drop a shit load of money on the bike.
    So far I have installed
    -16" bagger bars, I don't know why I couldn't find pictures of vstars with baggers bars installed so I decided to go that route, love that bend and I think it fits the bike better. along with the bars are 10" extended cables by baron.
    -picked up a used fairing off a salvage harley for dirt cheap.
    -now im looking to install Harley hard bags but I want to see if I can get away with 4" extended bags. That's why you see my cardboard made bags lol. I think it will work out.
    -then somehow make fillers to follow my rear fender to cover that gap.
    -might remove the rear taillight and blinkers, fill hole and install LED strips.
    -Air ride with a corvette Monroe
    its going to be a long winter and hoping to have everything done for spring.
    LMK your thoughts and share your experience.
    sorry pics are side ways (I will figure it out)
    Fairing taped on to figure out how to mount it
    f.jpg
    foru.jpg

fo.jpg
    heated up 3/4" flat steel to follow the bend of the windscreen mount points.
    forum.jpg
    My attempt at making 4'' extended hardbags to see if they will fit
    for.jpg
    Last edited by Ndlax59; 12-19-2016 at 07:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Welcome, sounds like you have some big plans. It doesn't always take a boat load of money if you have an imagination and do most of the work yourself, which it sounds like is your plan. Good luck with the build, make sure you post up a lot of updates.

I just found this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Welcome, sounds like you have some big plans. It doesn't always take a boat load of money if you have an imagination and do most of the work yourself, which it sounds like is your plan. Good luck with the build, make sure you post up a lot of updates.

Thank you torch! Doing everything myself and collecting tools along the way. Next up is a mig welder.

I just found this place!
    okay its been cold out and I only have an hour or two before my toes fall off. Got to clean up the fairing top brace from hitting it with the torch and grinder to get that desired bend to follow the windshield. Sanded it down with the dremel to get the deep cuts out. Also cut up some 4" 3/4" flat steel to piece together my mount for the fairing. Im just piecing this thing together as I go. some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just found this place!
    Been putting some hours in on the bike... first build so be nice. Any advice is appreciated.
    Having an issue with the bags being too close to the exhaust pipe. Will the exhaust melt the bag and can I get an extension for the exhaust since it ends in the middle of the bag. Kind of like a slip on extension so it extends past the bag.

I just found this place!
    Have to upload pics from the computer sorry

I just found this place!
    bagger.JPGbagger3.JPGbagger1.JPGbagger4.JPGbagger5.JPGHere are some updated pics. Just been making sure the bags are even and the exhaust clears. As of last night I have the rear fender ready for paint.
    Last edited by Ndlax59; 03-07-2017 at 10:47 PM.

I just found this place!
    I would like to shorten the spacers that mount the bags but the bad lid its the seat, thinking about just taking apart the seat and shaving down the the foam that interfears with the lids. Also need to make some filler, thinking about using some abs sheets and wire up my led tails/brake light.

Any updates? Just picked up my V Star 1100 and am planning out my nagger build.

I just found this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by GR1ZZLYGR33N View Post
    Any updates? Just picked up my V Star 1100 and am planning out my nagger build.
    Ditched the homemade brackets and picked up some Harley hard bag brackets. Just need to cut out 4" of the support bar so it can bolt to the passenger foot peg bolts. I also extended my exhaust so it shows past the bags
    IMG_7224.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast