THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just found this place!

Help with monotubes and rake w/26

I'm redoing my front end and bought a set of the lowered monotubes. I realized that I can't run them w the fork tube extensions because the monos screw into the tubes themselves and basically replace the fork cap. Without the extensions I'm losing several inches of travel even with bumpstops. I'm running an American suspension bolt on kit w a 26" wheel and wrap fender. How is everyone using the monos? Should I get the standard length monos or is there a way to make this work?

What year bike and what neck / tree combo you running?

I just found this place!
    15 road glide. It's the standard American Susp 26 kit. I found the hhi extensions for the monotubes on line a few mins ago. They look promising.

I just found this place!
    At second glance I don't think the HHI extensions will work w the new monotubes for the touring bikes
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sinner77; 11-17-2016 at 05:40 PM.

I just found this place!
    Is anyone running the monos w/out extensions w a big wheel?

I don't think it's possible. Most, if not all raked trees are clamp style on the top tree. I studied this for about 2 weeks in my garage trying to figure a way to do it with my AS bolt on kit. Never could come up with a way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy_b View Post
    I don't think it's possible. Most, if not all raked trees are clamp style on the top tree. I studied this for about 2 weeks in my garage trying to figure a way to do it with my AS bolt on kit. Never could come up with a way to do it.

So my only option I'm guessing is the progressive lowering springs and sell the monos? What did you end up doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner77 View Post
    So my only option I'm guessing is the progressive lowering springs and sell the monos? What did you end up doing?
    Yup. That's exactly what I did. Miss my monotubes like crazy though.

I just found this place!
    So you used the lowering springs? How much did you drop it and how much travel did you end up with? I'd love to see a pic if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner77 View Post
    So you used the lowering springs? How much did you drop it and how much travel did you end up with? I'd love to see a pic if you have one.
    Yes. Dropped it about 1.5". I have almost 3" of travel. Using bump stops of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast