THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
    Chopped Bagger Asset!

HHI X23 Tree on RG

might be trivial but looking to put a HHI X23 triple tree on my 2015 RG, and was thinking using the raw trees because I want as much chrome on the bike, but noticed the Black coated trees where more money than the raw ones. Is there a reason why? Are the raw one's for painting or something and is there a rusting issue if not painted? Is there any advantage to paying the extra for the black? Lastly can the trees be seen once faring are all on? Again, though I have an orange bike I want as much silver/chrome as possible, trying to get rid of as much black as possible.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
    might be trivial but looking to put a HHI X23 triple tree on my 2015 RG, and was thinking using the raw trees because I want as much chrome on the bike, but noticed the Black coated trees where more money than the raw ones. Is there a reason why? Are the raw one's for painting or something and is there a rusting issue if not painted? Is there any advantage to paying the extra for the black? Lastly can the trees be seen once faring are all on? Again, though I have an orange bike I want as much silver/chrome as possible, trying to get rid of as much black as possible.
    Yes, the coating or anodizing cost the company more money.

No, Raw is because RG fairing hides them. Street Glide has trim cover over the bottom plate. They are coated for people doing a RK or some other bike build where the trees are visible and that someone wants them black.

No, Most aftermarket trees (the upper and lower plates) are aluminum, and therefore don't rust

No, you will not see the X23 trees with your RG fairing

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggerbill View Post
    Yes, the coating or anodizing cost the company more money.

No, Raw is because RG fairing hides them. Street Glide has trim cover over the bottom plate. They are coated for people doing a RK or some other bike build where the trees are visible and that someone wants them black.

No, Most aftermarket trees (the upper and lower plates) are aluminum, and therefore don't rust

No, you will not see the X23 trees with your RG fairing
    Thank you for that information
    Ok cool, so I'll stick with the Raw one as planned, but since you say the tree's are not vissible, I can use a black one if I find one used for a better price also.
    Last edited by BigChief; 11-11-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    You can see the backside of the bottom tree, when the bike's parked on the kickstand and the bars are turned to the left.

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Ride View Post
    You can see the backside of the bottom tree, when the bike's parked on the kickstand and the bars are turned to the left.
    Ok thanks, I'll stick with raw for its silver effect.

I have a 2015 road glide also, get the black anodized ones because you will see the bottom half of trees behind the lower plastic cover. I bought raw and had to end up getting them powder coated.

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo Marcus View Post
    I have a 2015 road glide also, get the black anodized ones because you will see the bottom half of trees behind the lower plastic cover. I bought raw and had to end up getting them powder coated.
    But I'm trying to get away from black on the bike to match the chrome on the bike, if that makes sense. So I thought having raw would help that effect? Does having the raw stick out that much? Is it because the frame is black? Lastly, is you bike blacked out so the raw did not match the rest of the bike?

polish them