THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FFZHD View Post
    Very nice!!
    Looking at doing that set up on the rear this winter. How was fit out of box ?
    What size rear lights did you go with?
    Fit was great. The left bag goes on super easy everytime - the right bag I need to push down and mess with a little but I always had to mess with the OEM bags too.

Left bag has a larger gap between the side panel and the bag and the right bag is tight as you can see in the pics. I will probably mess with the holes a little and see if i can get them to even out.

do u have any issues with dragging the bags now that it's been together and riding it?

Nope - I rode all week in Daytona and a couple days here at home (~800 miles total) and have not scraped the bags yet. Granted I ride a little more cautiously and don't dive into corners.

I also have legend rear air which doesn't go as high as the dirty air and others.

Site Supporter
    Did you have to do a lot of body work to fender after chopping off tail? Looks nice without

First off can you please share some pictures of that beautiful Caddy!!

My 1 suggestion is go 26. I went 23 and regretted it from day 1. I would even say it rides better with the 26's

23" with air

Same 26" set up on air

As she sits now.

Site Supporter
    Sweet looking ride.

Quote Originally Posted by FFZHD View Post
    Did you have to do a lot of body work to fender after chopping off tail? Looks nice without
    No - very easy - just trim and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky4 View Post
    First off can you please share some pictures of that beautiful Caddy!!

My 1 suggestion is go 26. I went 23 and regretted it from day 1. I would even say it rides better with the 26's

I went thru your build thread before - love your bike - the copper is what i wanted to do on my caddy but I stupidly chose gold last minute!! I will try and post some pics of the caddy this week.

I like the 26 but I am really liking the look of a 23 lay frame.

I am thinking about doing a weld on short neck 26" kit - the slammed BMF raked fairing and a 23" wheel. - I am thinking with that combination it will put the frame on the ground - with a modified rear swing arm of course.

I know people talk about doing the 30" kit and running a 26" wheel and that is okay. It still has a good trail. Would the same be true for a 26" kit running a 23" wheel?

Pros / Cons of doing it this way?

I think this is what you're going for right?
    Tim

Yeah sort of - I want to run a wrap fender. Backyard Baggers built that bike and I can't find much info on it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast