THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter
    Bill, that is too pretty to put a tank over!

Suggestion? I would move the tank bung up and forward while you are there. I didn't and will make a mess fixing it after paint now.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
    Bill, that is too pretty to put a tank over!

Suggestion? I would move the tank bung up and forward while you are there. I didn't and will make a mess fixing it after paint now.
    I would have for sure if I was building a RK or a SG, but with a RG I am hiding more neck anyway. Also I will be running a razorback tank which help too. Also if I move the tank, then I have to do more mods on my side covers to get that to flow right.

Site Supporter
    True! I remember Chopped Roadie doing that on his RG but he had a after market fairing and I think he made his own side covers too. Carry on..... Don't pay any attention to my babbling!

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms View Post
    True! I remember Chopped Roadie doing that on his RG but he had a after market fairing and I think he made his own side covers too. Carry on..... Don't pay any attention to my babbling!
    It's not babbling, it's a good point that someone might not have thought of for their build unless you mentioned it. I will not paint the frame until all the body panel are fitted and modified, so that is still a possibility. I sure would hate to cut out all the All Metal body filler I used, but if it needs to be done for the right look then I will do it for sure. Thanks

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
    Nice job!
    Thanks for being a part of my world..

http://www.shop.choppedbaggers.com

Like us on Facebook and share us with the WORLD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggerbill View Post
    I would have for sure if I was building a RK or a SG, but with a RG I am hiding more neck anyway. Also I will be running a razorback tank which help too. Also if I move the tank, then I have to do more mods on my side covers to get that to flow right.
    That's exactly what I'm doing on my king build and it's kicking my arse. I moved my tank up 4" to kill the neck area therefore having to extend my tank covers and rework where they land on the side covers.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Appling Bagger View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing on my king build and it's kicking my arse. I moved my tank up 4" to kill the neck area therefore having to extend my tank covers and rework where they land on the side covers.
    I'll have to check out your build thread. Interested to see how the rear tank mounts work out for you, moving it that much.

I'll have to check out your build thread. Interested to see how the rear tank mounts work out for you, moving it that much.
    Mine is 07 so I just redrilled and tapped frame backbone further up.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Started notching the swing arm, cutting the cross frame, and getting the clearances right before closing it up.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Baggerbill; 09-25-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Started notching the swing arm, and getting the clearances right before closing it up.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    What kind of swingarm is that? Does it move the wheel back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast