THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
    I am starting to know my way around!

26" Electra glide HELP!!!

Hey guys,
    I haven't posted on this build before because I'm not the original builder. I have been trying to straighten this bike out for a cousin, he got took pretty bad on this one. Any how here is my problem, the fairing is rubing on the tank where the ignition is. This bike has been cut and has smt machining trees. I'm not sure why there are clearence problems with this as I am mounting the fairing to the trees like stock and I understand there is more angle, do I need to add a bracket or what gives?image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by djodrey; 06-22-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Slot the holes in the gas tank and move it back enough to clear. Not many guys use that neck kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Special Ed

Thanks Toxtreme, This bike has been a headache he bought it because of the big wheel and obviously overlooked everything else.

Happens a lot. We are here to help

Special Ed

You can also buy a dirty bird cap and move the ignition switch to the 12v cigerette lighter hole. they make a standard and a short version. Downside is you loose your switches on the cap and igntion switch.

has anyone ever experienced the cover that your talking about I'm having problems with it lining up to bolt it back together its like its hitting on the ignition switch and bows down to bolt together on each side

Quote Originally Posted by Jforsyth1288 View Post
    has anyone ever experienced the cover that your talking about I'm having problems with it lining up to bolt it back together its like its hitting on the ignition switch and bows down to bolt together on each side
    If your talking about my post, you don't use factory switch. dirty bird sell an ignition switch that fits in the cig lighter hole perfect.

Honestly looks like neck was done wrong. Just my 2 cents. Now its just time to modify other things to make it work.
    COOL IS EXPENSIVE!!!!

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
    You can slot the top holes in the inner fairing at the trees to move it some.. the top blinker light holes.. can gain some unless you have 1.5" bars..

Thanks for being a part of my world..

http://www.shop.choppedbaggers.com

Like us on Facebook and share us with the WORLD!!!