THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Supporter

My DA silver turbo glide update 1.5

Ok so as per the usual, I started out with a bike that needed nothing and I still found some things that I wanted to change up or update..

I wanted to change my trash turbo to a short pipe set up and I had such a hard time finding someone to do it or call me back, then I saw Pete doing a build with the new track assault turbo.....
    So I sold my turbo and bought the new trask assault turbo and had it coated in tungsten cerekote. We noticed the PM rockers were peeling chrome so of coarse I decided now is the time to get rid of some of this chrome too...
    I sent out the box top and bottoms, push rod covers and bottoms, inner and outer primary, clutch cover, trains cover, fork bells, motor stab link... Chrome screwed me and took 5 weeks to remove and then had powder coated in a slightly lighter color than the cerekote.

Also decided to remove the iPad and mold in an alpine double din.
    Updating my air ride to the accuair VU4 to give me added safety against any bag failure and their single tank set up with safety valve, along with running new 5/32 lines.

While the cam chest was open we added a new fueling billet pump and plate too.

And I think lastly, I'm rewiring the audio.
    I pulled all the audio wore and I'm running high output 9 wire from alpine to audison bit 10(no Rca) then running 4ga power and ground to distru block from a 200 amp circuit breaker instead of fuse.
    Also running the wires so they will quick connect inside the side covers instead of close to bags. Giving the bags a "tail" of wires will make it easier for service to remove. Also gonna run the new crazy beaver 50 amp relay and fuse block to clean up and organize wiring and battery area.
    And last a full audison sound processor tune to set all the Amps and speakers up properly after the new wiring...

None of this needed to be done, it just makes it a little more mine and it updates some thing to the newest versions available..

Completed pics soon. Here are some pics for now...

This will be version 1.5 as I would like to do a full repaint this winter if possible....for version 2.0... Hahah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Damn dude. Balls of steel. Bikes gonna be even crazier than it was. That system is gonna be INSANE...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSlickGlide View Post
    Damn dude. Balls of steel. Bikes gonna be even crazier than it was. That system is gonna be INSANE...
    Thx man the revised set up should give it a little more punch.. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Love the updates you are doing, but I woulnd't touch that paint. It's always been one of my favorite bikes.

Zach
    '07 Road Glide

Site Supporter
    Nice!
    It didnít look that far on the map.

Site Supporter
    Almost forgot the new double din I had molded into fairing to replace the iPad..

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Gonna look great.

But just curious... what was the reason for getting away from the ipad?

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Looks cool. I personally dont like ipads on bikes mainly because I HATE gaugeface. Were u running gaugeface in this? What are you gonna do now for gauges? Not sure if anyone makes 2" multi reading gauges..do they?

Second thing? Who in Jersey is tuning your bit 10? Ive thought about using one in the past, but everyone I have spoken to just says you will never get your moneys worth out of it on a bike and just use a run of the mill line driver instead. Would love to hear how it works for you!
    Ever seen a money car following the flower car!??!?!....Yeahhh....me neither!!:9

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG View Post
    Looks cool. I personally dont like ipads on bikes mainly because I HATE gaugeface. Were u running gaugeface in this? What are you gonna do now for gauges? Not sure if anyone makes 2" multi reading gauges..do they?

Second thing? Who in Jersey is tuning your bit 10? Ive thought about using one in the past, but everyone I have spoken to just says you will never get your moneys worth out of it on a bike and just use a run of the mill line driver instead. Would love to hear how it works for you!
    I wasn't a big fan of gauge face, but it did work since I had the gauge face harness plunged into thunder max. But I still found myself not using it often. My real issue with the iPad was it kept freezing with any kind of current surge. They do make a 2" multi by Dakota. But I'm gonna just run a boost and a volt. As for the bit10, NVS audio in linden will be tuning for me. I have been running the bit ten, but not really taking advantage of its tuning. With my rewire, I will now be taking full advantage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Some pics of progress.
    Bike is basically done. Just need some new grip rubber and the brake load eq and it's done. It's at audio now getting the royal treatment.

Should be riding next weekend baring any issues...
    More pics then.

I should have a few parts for sale then too.
    Chrome cow bells
    2 air tanks
    Accuair vU2
    Maybe a few other odd parts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast