THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter

1999 Roadstar garage build... I'm new, be gentle!!!

Well I figured I'd start a thread. I've had this bike for a while. A couple years ago I bought a 26" RG and pretty much had to redo everything, so while this is my first build, I have been tinkering and learning a lot from you guys. Here is how the bike was when I got it, for the most part (photobucket will not let this photo be vertical for some reason):

It won 2nd place (Metric) in 2010 at Roar on the Shore (Erie PA) when Arlen and Cory Ness were judging:

It needed a paint job and was a bit dated, but I love the bike and couldn't bring myself to sell it. I haven't ridden it for a couple years, so I decided to turn it into a bagger.
    Tear down:

Lose the trees and replace neck bearings:

Got some 8 degree trees from BVD/Strike 3/Brian Veney:

I put a black wheel on my RG and saved the chrome Glenndyne G7 wheel for this build:

Brian also hooked me up with a Tricky rear shock, stainless tank, and air pistons for the front:

I went with a RK nacelle from BadDad, here is it just thrown on to see how it looks. The bike is still on the lift so it will sit lower when aired out.

Brian also hooked me up with an adapter so I can use an HHI 6 piston caliper. Still need to figure out fender mounts, bars, etc and the front will be pretty much mocked up. Then on to the ass end.

Looks good keep posting.

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    looks like a great build
    ~Jake

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Looking better already....nice work

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys. I got the rear shock installed last night, and got the rear fender supports and adjustable dog bones set just right so the tire won't rub when aired out. Looks like it will sit about 2" off the ground. I can't get it off the lift until I get the air plumbed/wired.
    Last edited by PAhumbug; 03-30-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    looking good
    It's only money!

I just found this place!
    Nice job. Iv'e seen Brians bikes and the stuff he provides to make a Road Star look good. I was going that route but when Yamaha stopped making cruisers i decided to go with a Road Glide for a more supported bike. I am looking forward to seeing yours come together. Road Stars are great bikes and fun to build. Thanks for the pics.

Site Supporter
    I spent a little time on the bike this weekend, and I spent a lot of time on the internet researching lol. I got the nacelle located where I want it. I moved it up a bit to allow the airlines to be hidden. Ordered risers and turn signals, once they come in I can get them located and finish tweaking the nacelle. I put on the dchopper bag brackets, which are great, they have tons of adjustability. I don't know where they will need to be until I get my fender and bags in, but I needed to hang my air tank so I could start running air lines/wires. Slow going, but it's going...

Site Supporter
    Making progress, gonna look pretty cool when you get'r done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast