THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am starting to know my way around!

97 Ultra classic 23" budget bulid

Bought the bike last summer wrecked and put it back together enough to ride. Really wanted to do a 26" but ended up quitting my job and opening my own business which made it hard to spend that kind of money on this bike. So I decided to go with a 23" instead but I'm doing it on a budget. If the business takes off eventually I'll either sell this bike or redo it with a 26" at that time. I know I know, just do it the first time. I went back and forth with that decision ALL winter.

The pictures should be in order from when I bought it.
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The bags and fender came with the bike, probably going to replace the bags eventually.
    5.jpg

This is just the parts That came with the bike all put together so I could ride it last summer. I ended up selling the 70 ironhead chopper in the previous pictures which was my daily rider so this one needed to be ride-able.

7.jpg

9.jpg

First addition was audio, I had some stuff laying around and also worked for a stereo shop at the time. Nothing Crazy but a big improvement over stock. I used a set of Alpine Type R 6 1/2" components (the old style, not the crap they sell now) Sony Marine Bluetooth head unit with handle bar controls and this winter I added a Memphis marine Amplifier.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

Next Was bars, Went with Black 15" 1.5'"s

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

Also Picked up a used windshield (I assume the original was broken off in the crash) its amazing how much of a difference it makes not having one on the bike.

23.jpg
    Last edited by mnmike3; 03-24-2016 at 03:31 PM.

This years work started at this point. Went with a 23" front wheel and fender with 6 degree trees, Put on the new fairing supports, Built my own slipons, Put mirrors back on (didn't have any after doing the bars cause the stock ones were ugly) 55 watt 10K HID, Had to replace the base gaskets, blue LEDs in gauges til I can afford something else and put in my amp. Still working on it at this point, basically have to do some body work on the rear end, make my seat and finish my exhaust.

For the Paint I didn't want to spend the money to have it professionally painted because I intend to do more Body mods eventually and I'm not going to pay to paint the bike a bunch of times so For now its Plasti-dipped flat white, at least it will be 1 color this year.

30.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

You can see the slipons here (they finally stick out past the bags) still need to body work the Rear-end and I'm going to do something a little different with the taillights, the led trailer lights were just ones I had laying around and to have something to ride the bike last year. And whatever I do with the lights for now probably wont be the final change since I'm probably changing the bags anyways, they are cheap fiberglass garbage and are all sorts of not straight so I didn't feel bad cutting holes in them.

38.jpg

Site Supporter
    looking good so far! I'm going to go pick my bike up from the shop after work tonight, and hopefully have it rideable by the flood run.

Thanks. I'm about to call it a day at the office and go work on the bike. When is the flood run? Ive never been able to make it in the past but would like to.

Site Supporter
    The flood run is April 16th. Normally around 40 degrees when we leave in the morning but warms up decent during the day. I try to be in Prescott by 9:30 or 10:00 any later than that and it gets so crowded. Very fun time though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast