THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

98 ultra rebuild

image.jpgWell here we go. Start cutting in morning. Want to do a 21-23 built 4 degree neck block 1.5 stretch. Trike trees. 170 60 17 rear deuce wheel. Newer swing arm Kinda low buck build this time around. Spent all my money on a motor. What ole blue looked like after the first go round from hurricane Sandy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EVILTWN; 02-22-2016 at 07:36 AM.

I am starting to know my way around!
    any plans on cutting up the subframe and making your own?

U mean the back half? Just noticed picture sideways. Wonder if this one works...don't know how I did that. Migged neck to block in a jig before it got set in backbone of frame. Tin work around backbone I will just tig up neat and clean. Swapping around from side to side u can really see the neck move in the neck jig.
    Last edited by EVILTWN; 02-22-2016 at 07:47 AM.

image.jpgimage.jpg out with old. Next move the back of the frame for a little head clearance for the big motor...

Site Supporter
    Nice.
    What all engine things do you got going?

Well it's a pretty big EVO.Ultima cases...couldnt get to 143 but close...Little shot of giggle juice also when needed. Conservative should be 155 hp but might be able to get more. Should be a torque monster. Raised ports..bored...stroked. Lots of machine work and welding 48 mm mukuni .
    Last edited by EVILTWN; 03-24-2016 at 11:38 PM.

image.jpg
    Mocked up road glide tank flush gauge and cap. Tank lift to match rake on switch. Kept it even with backbone. Have to decide if I want a 6 gal or 5 gal tank. Have the CVO console so easy for the 6. Little fab to put on 5 gal
    Next up a little cut to get rocker boxes clear of frame.
    Last edited by EVILTWN; 02-22-2016 at 07:48 AM.

image.jpgimage.jpg looks like plenty of room to widen rear fender 1 1/2. Running a chain should have room for even bigger tire later. Have to lengthen with steel.

Tied it down good on welding table .....squared neck and frame down to .002 after all the cutting and welding. Boxed the backbone ..welded and metal finished. Did some mock up of new swing arm and started rear fender. Don't know if I like the FXRP engine guard yet. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Cut the firewall out to make room for the bigger motor. Cleaned off coil brakets . Cut lower crossmember out. Welded in a few extra cross members in before . Now off to sandblast before the lower frame gets and x- brace. New recessed firewall and extended backbone channel for wiring.Thise are just temp cross members to keep it square during the beating I am sure the sand bladders give the frame.
    Last edited by EVILTWN; 03-24-2016 at 11:40 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast