THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just found this place!

87 FLH project "Marla Hooch"

ive been slowly work'n on this for a few weeks I picked it up in late July. and rode it till winter like this
    fnm.jpg

I'm a chopper guys normally but got a good deal so why not? I'm go'n to build a bagger that has that hotrod/ratrod funk like the other bikes I build.

I built some "bags" and mounts out of some 20mm ammo cans, stripped the extra lights and changed the seat
    I was go'n to leave it alone but I cant ride stock look'n shit
    so I got to work I changed the shocks to some late model vett shocks stripped the fenders and ugly stock tank. I picked up a 6 gallon at a local swap I think its from a 2014 FLH ? I put a S&S super e carb, intake and air cleaner on it (I'm not into the look of it so it'll be swapped out for something a bit crazier later on). Then grabbed the 23" front wheel off my shovel chop to get an idea of what it would look like till I get the new wheel. I also lowered the front and add some drop block to the back but the pic wont load. im try'n to get it as low as I can. i'll post more tomorrow cuz I'm rework'n the neck to a short neck style and getting it ready to lay frame when I get the front on air also. I build most of my own parts so there will be very little big name builder parts or kits on this bike.

left.jpg
    rar.jpg
    b4.jpg
    6gtank.jpg

I'm really just getting going on this but the idea is a suburban assault/ratrod/big wheel bagger ive built a lot of bikes mostly bobbers/chops and cafés racers but that stuff is getting old and I want to do some longer trips and shocks and bags help.
    I also have a 94 RK to do after this so ill learn on my 87 then build a nice bagger with the RK.

Site Supporter
    Welcome from Wet MI. Looks like a pretty cool project! Great job on the ideas and work so far and good luck with the rest of the build. Keep posting up the progress.

I just found this place!
    the B4 shot (how it started yesterday)

marlapreneck.jpg

the ride height b4 needs to be lower to lay the frame

marlaridehpreneck.jpg

get'n everything stripped down to cut the neck

marlestrippn.jpg

marked and ready

markedandready.jpg

point of no return

noturnnback.jpg

I'm building my own neck kit today cuz of the rake and stretch I want. all from heavy duty 2 1/4" 1/4" wall steel tube . I guess the style is a "short" neck I'm not sure on the terms the wheel is go'n to be tucked under with minimal rake. sorry for the crappy look'n pic's my phone is kind a p.o.s....lol

I just found this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Welcome from Wet MI. Looks like a pretty cool project! Great job on the ideas and work so far and good luck with the rest of the build. Keep posting up the progress.
    thanx man I'm building it to match my xs650 in built for the horse mag. amt. chop off. I'm not do'n the green motor on my bagger but raw steel tints and a black frame is what I have in mind for paint

glamershotofgrace.jpg

I just found this place!
    I went with a 26" and its on its way. along with some more parts for the air ride

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Can't wait to see this. I'm down with the date to be different.

Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '07 Road Glide

I just found this place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Can't wait to see this. I'm down with the date to be different.

Zach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanx man

I just found this place!
    I got the 26" ready to go. a few final adjustment to the neck b4 final weld and its ready for the air pistons. ill post pics when the neck is done.

I just found this place!
    so I finally got around to putting the neck back on now on to the long list on thing to get done

finalrake.jpg

Nomad
    For Sale
    Nice work. Very cool

Dress like men. Wrench like monkeys
    And ride like motherfuckers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast