THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter

A Classi Makeover on my Classic

The arrow of direction of the tire must be forward. The way it sets in your pic would be left side showing and right side against the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Joe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyGlide View Post
    The arrow of direction of the tire must be forward. The way it sets in your pic would be left side showing and right side against the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with Indy. But I'd re-mount tire so that it'd be right side showing in the pic. Generally that's the way directional wheels would be ran but if I'm not mistaken the OEM Harley Agitator wheels are mounted with direction of spokes running "backwards". Do a search on google pics of "harley agitator wheel" and you'll see what I mean

Site Supporter
    Okay... Thanks guys. I just looked it up and you are right. The "forward facing spokes" still look backwards to me. I guess it would be okay both ways but I think I will remount the tire then. That way the hub is correct according to how it was made. I guess it is time to try the zip tie trick and see if I can do this. I could use a good moving blanket...... Will have to find one. I certainly don't want to hurt my front wheel in any way.

Subscribed brother. Want to see how it plays out and I want to do this as well. So I want to learn all I csn before I can (allowed) to do this.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for your interest Dan.... I hope to keep it full of tech and information

Cool! For I know jack shit!! I was just thinking of opening up a forum on big front tire 101. And ask they important questions.

Site Supporter
    I managed an hour this evening after work and played with the shocks. I broke them down and cleaned out all the nasty stinky oil that has been in there for years. I put them back together with just legs and no springs and checked travel. My trees suggest a travel limiter of 3.25 but I have a brake line splitter under the trees and loose maybe 1/2" of room. Here it is... uploadfromtaptalk1435639405462.jpg

I have not received the fender I have heading this way so I am not finalizing anything yet of course but I would say that I need another half inch...... Maybe more added to my spacers. I am using plain old 1" sch40 PVC
    uploadfromtaptalk1435639554703.jpg

Here is the wheel raised all the way to the bump stops uploadfromtaptalk1435639624302.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435639658649.jpg

For some reason the internals are different on my shocks...... Anyone know what is going on here? One looks different than the great stickie thread under General Tech here. Ideas? uploadfromtaptalk1435639792206.jpg

normal if you running air you needa match those dampers the ones on top

Site Supporter
    hard to tell from the pic but it looks almost like one of yours is cartridge style. I was thinking that only 05 touring bikes (except road kings) had the mismatched forks but it may be a couple diff years. May not be the case but to me the one on bottom appears to be

Site Supporter
    Looks great so far! I am hoping to do the same to mine at some point. Can you post more pics as you do the front air?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast