THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    If you are going to run just 9* trees for a 26 you will have very little travel. 2 1/2" at best. Just giving you heads up.
    Yes..... I am aware of this. If it doesn't suit me then I will do a chop neck in the fall if I can get my buddy to help me.

As long as your aware of It. Cant wait to see It done.

Site Supporter
    I pulled the front wheel and removed the stock rotors. They are not that glamorous and trying to keep this on a limited budget for the time being I did a light sanding with a orbital sander and throwing some black spray paint on to hide the lack of shine and chrome. A pretty left side only rotor can come later on. uploadfromtaptalk1435354597760.jpg

After...... uploadfromtaptalk1435354639235.jpg

Site Supporter
    After a couple of hours of work and a lot of learning how this front end works, I did manage to find the stock trees. I am still not sure where to go from here... Guess I have some more research on how these shocks work and how to disassemble them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Manual will be your best friend. LOL Just take your time.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Yep a manual is your best friend right now.
    I thought I was wrong once but i was mistaken.

Site Supporter
    Well as it turns out, the forks and tree came apart really easy. Everything slipped out no problem at all. I spent the rest of the day running around finding a replacement set of neck bearings and a long 6mm and impact. I couldn't get the lower bearing to slide up the tree and found the correct part number in a trailer bearing set. A trip to Lowes and my buddy to borrow an impact wrench and I have the shocks loosened up. Next task is flushing them and adding the correct sized travel limiters before a fresh rebuild. uploadfromtaptalk1435442770538.jpg

Site Supporter
    Tricky Trees going on now. I had to drill and tap a hole in the bottom for my dual brake lines connection. It took a little more finesse to make the hard brake lines fit but it wasn't difficult. The holes for the ignition switch weren't tapped so I had to run a 10-24 tap in those too.
    uploadfromtaptalk1435450354467.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435450415992.jpg

Site Supporter
    Next question...... Is this the left or right side of the wheel? I know it doesn't matter but the removable hub is this side which makes me think "right" but the tire is mounted like this is the "left" side. What is considered the "correct" way to have the spokes running? uploadfromtaptalk1435450612322.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435450642328.jpg

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast