THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter

A Classi Makeover on my Classic

Well guys, I am officially getting started with a Bagger build. It may be drawn out and slow with little to keep interest going but it will be documented. I purchased this 04 back in 07 after getting tired of Vulcan 800. I had done a custom paint job of purple flames over Corvette yellow and I wish I had a picture to share but that isn't the story here. Anyways I made the mistake of stopping by the local stealership and asked if they had a carb bike. They just happened to have a fresh trade in. It is a 2004 Electra Glide Classic with open pipes and a carb fully jetted and likes to run. I rode it home that night and have loved it. It hasn't had the attention it needed the last couple of years and it needs some work. It got laid over in a driveway and has some minor scratches and is just the excuse I need to do some paint work. I have two young kids, a day business and and basement evening business as well so finding time to work on this will be a challenge...... But I like playing with my toys! Lol Anyways...... Here is my start...... And I do love the way it looks.

uploadfromtaptalk1435156579760.jpguploadfromtaptalk1435156688070.jpg

Nice. Now cut that bitch up. LOL

Site Supporter
    Easy now...... I am scared to death to do anything cutting wise yet. I have a set of 9 degree Tricky Trees and I have to figure out how to get them in there. That seems like a TON of work at this point.

Site Supporter
    Got a front wheel in the mail........ Holy COW! This thing is a MONSTER! I saw the box by the door and couldn't believe how big and heavy it was. I thought it was all just packaging until I opened it up. I don't see how aluminum can weigh this much...... Lol. uploadfromtaptalk1435181117240.jpg

Closer view...... How is this supposed to fit??? Hahaha uploadfromtaptalk1435181177478.jpg

Chopped Bagger Asset!
    Cant wait to see progress pics!

Taking the front end apart is not as bad as you think, I'm ready to watch.
    SMOKE

Project G'Old S'Cool - build thread
    http://choppedbaggers.com/forums/sho...t-G-Old-S-Cool

Site Supporter
    Great start. I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome build. Following along

Site Supporter
    Sorry guys..... I will be slow and will be learning as I go. I was working on the lathe last night making parts for my business and had YouTube going on the TV above me. I have been looking around and finally found a video that gave me a good explanation of how to get into the Trees area. I am thinking that I should get with Marc and do front air ride while I have the forks off. Good idea?

Site Supporter
    I am hoping to get some initial work done this weekend with the trees and shocks. I have a helpful forum member hooking me up with some air pistons from Marc that he had for another bike and never used...... Thanks John! I am sure it will be one thing or another but I thought I had the right wheel coming but it turns out it had metric bearings and I have a 1" axle. Instead of trying to remove them and buying more I made a trip to a wonderful friend and machine shop and had mine turned down 20 thou. It fits perfectly now. uploadfromtaptalk1435352323279.jpg

If you are going to run just 9* trees for a 26 you will have very little travel. 2 1/2" at best. Just giving you heads up.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast