THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Digging this thread!

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Right on man. Love the blue and white.

Great story Clyde. I had a family friend that was similar to your Mike. He passed on about a year ago. His son still has his old BSA that I keep trying to buy. Luckily his son rides and wrenches so I know it's being used, but would still dearly love to have that bike.

Zach
    '07 Road Glide

Love it, I had a 1980 that was so damn cool
    A few yrs ago i had it torn down and parts spread
    all over town gitn powder coat and chrome and
    just pretty much a full blown resto going.
    In the middle of my build i broke my hand pretty bad one friday night
    and ended up out of work for a couple mths
    and had to sell all the brand new parts as a basket case..
    Lost my ass bad on that bike and it's still one of my favorites lol

I am starting to know my way around!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChoppedRoadie View Post
    I was 14 when I bought my first Harley. It was a '75 FLHS shovel basket case (laid down hard). Taught myself to wrench on that one . I rebuilt the motor, polished all the alum, laced & trued my own wheels, did the body work and painted it. I worked part time for a small HD shop after school assembling and prepping new bikes out of the crates, cleaning the shop and mopping floors. Hung out after hours with the tatted up, bearded, long hair mechanic (pretty cool dude to a 14 yr old) to watch & learn. This guy (Mike) took me under his wing and dragged me with him to swap meets and helped me learn the ropes and how/what to buy or trade for. My dad didn't really much approve of Mike's lifestyle but was a great father to let me pursue my passion. I rode this bike to school my senior year. Coolest guy in high school that found out quickly that bitches love shovel heads, lol. Carried tools with me and worked on it nearly every time I rode it but I loved it dearly. Great lookin shovel Ducky, really brings back fond memories of long hair, beards, tats, bitches and old school baggin. Got a bit of a tear in my eye but look forward to more pics of your sled.
    Grew up the same way, I hung out with guys that were older and had their own shops. Wether it was bikes or cars, I learned a lot from them. I was also fortunate enough to have a grandfather and father who ran a body shop. I restored my first car at 16, it was something my dad did for all of us (2 other brothers) We all got our own car to fix up and he would help paint it. I was sorta the black sheep in the sense that I was the only one that pursue bikes. Great story ChopedRoadie, thanks for sharing.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments, very much appreciated. Working on getting all the pics off my phone and searching through more to continue the rest of this.

Alright, now for where it is now. After not being able to get the paint to match, I decided to go with a color I had mixed up a while back. I had seen a 34 ford 3 window coupe a few years back and just fell in love with the color. It was a simple, but classic color and worked with what I was trying to achieve. I had pulled all the extra chrome do dads off. I wanted to go with a super clean, nothing extra look. I had already ran all the wiring in the frame when I was building it. I ordered an internal throttle, The light switches mounted in the handlebars as well. I used micro switches for them...what a f'n pain in the ass getting those in the holes. The brake line was ran in the handle bars as well. The rear brake line runs through the frame for a bit to hide it as much as possible.

There are a lot more things on it as far as want to does, I started making exhaust for it, but wont worry about that till this coming winter. I want to ride it this summer and put some miles on her. After that, ill finish all the little extra stuff I want to do. As of now, Im finishing up some details hear and there. Working out some of the kinks, but i have put a few miles on her. So as of now, this is what the final product looks like. Some of these are cell phone pics and prior to it all being put together. Ill get the good camera out and do a shoot with it after a few weeks of breaking it in.

Never mind the cluttered mess of a garage. Between the bike and side projects with building tables, it was pretty cluttered in there.

Site Supporter
    Very cool build; great work! I love the blue and white color. My dad had a '58 with a similar color scheme and he talked about that bike every chance he got.

Site Supporter
    I just seen this on Instagram the other day. What an awesome machine

Site Supporter
    Very very cool! I've envisioned building something very similar to this for a few years. It's great to see it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast