THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter
    For Sale
    I got it through a 33" opening and that was hard enough! 30 is actually doable if the engine guard is off, I realized halfway through it was in the way. The fairing/ handlebars can be manipulated. If that would have been off it would have been cake.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    I've been looking at the possibility of pulling the wiring through the neck but I'm not sure how difficult this would be on a '14 SG Special. I'm not sure if the Special has more wiring than the SG but the right side harness has some huge connectors. Also, since I don't have my AS bolt-on yet I can't tell if it would interfere. Anyone else done this yet? I've done some searching but these kits are fairly new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Supporter
    It will interfere. Unless someone can chime in, you would need to drill into the neck itself. Or you could drill right behind where the neck bolts up but its so far back towards the tank that you would still see the wires coming through. Kinda defeats the purpose of running them through if your still going to see them IMO. I gotta plan for mine just waiting on a few parts before I post some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Joe

I love It a build in your living room.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    Haha yep I wasn't kidding! Thanks. I did a Rick's 5 gallon tank in my '04 VRod but ended up pulling it because my wide tire mod combined with air ride created issues and my tire rubbed a hole in it!
    I looked at using the Rick's tank but was having a problem getting one, ended up getting the Unlimted Engineering SuperTankV kit. It's appears to be pretty complete and well built. It just sucks that I have to knock it out before starting on my bike...

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Anybody that has gone to a single caliper on a '14-'15, please let me know where you got a brake line to go from the ABS module to the caliper. I've built Magnum lines but they're not rated for ABS. I have found Russell extended lines for '13- down but it seems the newer bikes have different sizes at the ABS module. Can I just build an ABS line or do I need to order a pre-made one? I am ordering the TrueMax module to recalibrate the ABS signal for the big wheel since there's a problem on these bikes. Just need a brake line!

Love that wheel for a while now glad to see it used on a bike. Sweet spot for a build. Reminds me of the leg lamp!

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Got my RWD wrap fender in yesterday. Also installed the MRI centerstand. Added a few items on my list and spent some more money: V & H Fuelpak 3 ; Hertz HCX165 speakers for the fairing; Hertz HCP2 400 x 2 amp (I can still add on later since it has pass-through line level); Arlen Ness Deep Cut accessories. Talked with Dave Vos @ customsbyvos about a seat and he's working on a mold for the TopShop tank kit and bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Supporter
    That is a sweet looking wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    Anybody that has gone to a single caliper on a '14-'15, please let me know where you got a brake line to go from the ABS module to the caliper. I've built Magnum lines but they're not rated for ABS. I have found Russell extended lines for '13- down but it seems the newer bikes have different sizes at the ABS module. Can I just build an ABS line or do I need to order a pre-made one? I am ordering the TrueMax module to recalibrate the ABS signal for the big wheel since there's a problem on these bikes. Just need a brake line!
    Red Rocket you posted on my build thread that Portland was going to have another 26. Does that mean you're in Portland? If so I can help you with this.

There are 2 places where you can take your existing line and have them made here in Ptld. Oil Filter services is down around 6th/MLK just on the east side of the Hawthorn bridge. I just had the ones done for my CVO, They have to re-use the clutch hose fitting down at the trans (if you have to extend that one) they charge $30 to silver solder it onto a reusable fitting. Including that I got all new hoses extended using coated SS braided for under $130 total.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast