THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Site Supporter
    For Sale

'14 Street Glide Living Room Build

This will be my first bagger build. I've done a couple of V-Rod builds and just finished a Nightrod(with the exception of the seat, which is being done this week). I got into a little competition with Rob at Hogpro and we had some fun. So...I bought a '14 StreetGlide Special and joined this forum. I was initially a bit apprehensive about starting a thread on it and was going to just keep it on the down low but decided to go ahead and show it here after seeing all the good people here. I could use all the help I can get! Here's my parts list so far and a few pictures. Here you go, Rob, here's your wheel!

26" HogPro Valor Contrast Cut front wheel with matching single 13" rotor
    PM Contrast Cut 6-piston caliper
    American Suspension 26" Bolt-On neck kit 38 degree
    MRI Centerstand
    Dirty Air El Grande front and rear fast-up air ride
    Sinister Up Yours side dump pipe
    Top Shop Moneymaker bags with flush lights, rear fender, side covers, tank cover and dash
    Yaffe Monkey Bars 10"
    Custom Dynamics front contrast cut signals
    RWD 26" wrap front fender
    machined, polished, powdercoated stock fork sliders
    Ness Deep Cut contrast air cleaner

And a bunch of other detail parts. I haven't decided on quite a few things like seat, audio upgrades, floorboards, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Here's my Nightrod, and the only progress so far an my SG, the centerstand. Waiting on parts for everything else.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Supporter
    Nice parts list. That's a nice wheel. Let the fun begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, great list of parts. Nightrod is tight.

Site Supporter
    You weren't kidding about the Living Room build! LOL, that's awesome... Good luck with the build and your NightRod is bad-ass! I'm tearing the ass-end off of my wifes '06 NightRod to put the 5.2 gallon gas tank in, she needs more range for Sturgis this year!

One of THE 150!
    Hmmm ... how did you get the bike through the door. cuz it dose not look wide enough to sneak it through the door way. Did you have to take off the fairing befor hand to get through the door.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    I actually brought it in through my family room, the slider is a bit wider. I had a friend help since we had to lean it and work the handlebars back and forth, one side through the door at a time. I have 3 other Harleys in my garage so that wasn't really an option. I have to admit that especially for a winter build, its nice to be able to do it indoors.

Site Supporter
    For Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    You weren't kidding about the Living Room build! LOL, that's awesome... Good luck with the build and your NightRod is bad-ass! I'm tearing the ass-end off of my wifes '06 NightRod to put the 5.2 gallon gas tank in, she needs more range for Sturgis this year!
    Haha yep I wasn't kidding! Thanks. I did a Rick's 5 gallon tank in my '04 VRod but ended up pulling it because my wide tire mod combined with air ride created issues and my tire rubbed a hole in it!

One of THE 150!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rocket View Post
    I actually brought it in through my family room, the slider is a bit wider. I had a friend help since we had to lean it and work the handlebars back and forth, one side through the door at a time. I have 3 other Harleys in my garage so that wasn't really an option. I have to admit that especially for a winter build, its nice to be able to do it indoors.

Ya I just bought my house 9 months ago . the previous owner made the garage into a living area, I was trying like hell to figure out how to get the bike through a 30 inch opening. the fairing it self is something like 38 inches. might have been able to get it through if i took the fairing off and the bars. but seemed to be more effort than it was worth in my eyes. LOL

No tongue and cheek when you say "living room build". Lol

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast