THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumptattoo View Post
    Looking good man. I really dig the way you did the fender. May borrow some styling cues.
    Thanks, you don't need to borrow you can have them. Another benefit of the foam, if it isn't the way you want it just pour more foam on and try again. The first attempt didn't have enough flair at the bottom of the fender so I added more and shaped again. Yours is looking good too, excited to watch it come together. One of these days OSG will get his foam going too.

My exhaust came today, but it's too damn cold in the garage to get out there and mock it up and cut the bags, but I'm itching to get on it so maybe tomorrow, then I'm ready for the side covers and tank. I really want to be done with the foam so I can get to the glass and filler. Well, I say that now anyway.

After I'm done with this project I might build a boat, lol.
    SMOKE

Project G'Old S'Cool - build thread
    http://choppedbaggers.com/forums/sho...t-G-Old-S-Cool

Site Supporter
    Lmao. One of these days I will. Been stuck working in honey dew lists. Lol.
    Hoping to hit up the garage this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSlickGlide View Post
    Been stuck working in honey dew lists.
    Ha, me too, trying to balance work, house projects, and bike projects really sucks, and now it's time to decorate the house and all the holiday events. Man this projects gonna hit a wall.

Got a TV in that garage? And some shit we can break? We can work on your bike and watch the Steelers Sunday.
    SMOKE

Site Supporter
    How we looking Dan with the build? Thing looked killer from the last pics you sent out.

Have you started laying glass yet?

Alright, time for a quick update. I planned for most of the day to work on the bike. The plan, get the foam on the side cover and tank and get it all shaped this week so I can get to the glass. Well, so much for the plan. First, it was single digits here today so I started heating up my block detached garage that was 20* inside. I started by cutting the overlay fender to get the seat as low and flush as possible to figure out how to extend the tank into the cover. The stretch from the tank to the covers is a lot longer and lower than I expected and I really don't like the way the seat looks. I kept looking at ways to keep the seat because it is extremely comfortable, but I just won't be happy with the look. I was already planning to recover it, so I thought I would trim the pan and go from there, but then I don't really need the seat to extend 6" up the tank from from crotch and don't like that line so maybe I will cut down there too.

Well, finally I gave up and decided to just build my own solo seat pan. I already have the fiberglass so what the hell, might as well make that too. I hope it goes well so I can make the passenger pillion when I get around to figuring out how to make my tourpak detachable for my wife/daughter.

New plan for spring, roll out in primer with some cheap seat cover material, ride like hell, redo bag bottoms where I scrape them, modify seat as needed, then paint and cover seat. Final step, never come back here because every post makes me want to change what I'm doing.

SMOKE

Oh, and the Steelers blew it last weekend so I have more time on the weekend now. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
    SMOKE

Quote Originally Posted by DSmoke View Post
    Oh, and the Steelers blew it last weekend so I have more time on the weekend now. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
    Yeah those bums blew it!! I'm 45 minutes north of the burgh. Good luck with the build!

Quote Originally Posted by denimglide57 View Post
    Yeah those bums blew it!! I'm 45 minutes north of the burgh. Good luck with the build!
    Cool, I will have to remember that. My brother is in Murraysville, I hope to ride out this year, probably coming in from the north, I will let you know.
    SMOKE

Cool, I will have to remember that. My brother is in Murraysville, I hope to ride out this year, probably coming in from the north, I will let you know.
    Sounds good!

Site Supporter
    I'll ride out with ya brother. I love the Burgh...

And football just isn't the same without the Steelers in it. I was VERY VERY disappointed. It caused me to drink heavy and get drunk. Lol

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast