THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Supporter

2010 sg 26 rebuild!

So After lasting almost 6 months without doing something to the bike, the weather got cold and I finally decided to get some stuff done. Here is a list of what I wanted to accomplish:

- Replace all engine covers, rocker covers, intake, horn cover, pushrod covers, tappet covers with gloss black versions. (It seems that while the wrinkle black look was good, it never seemed to get the pop that everybody gets with all that chrome, so I thought i would try some gloss stuff for a more formal look)

- Paint the heat shields off of my D&D Fat Cats and see if that worked for a while. They dont seem to have a very good gloss black ceramic coating and powder coating wouldnt handle the heat, so Im gonna try the hi temp paint that is used for grills

- Glass in the side covers to the bags and then try the foam mold that i saw on here to stretch the bags back

- Glass the windshield into the front fairing

Here are the pics so far...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Supporter
    I also wanted to powdercoat some things I had left off the list when i first got all of this together. To the powdercoater went the kickstand, kickstand bracket, bottom triple trees, redid the cowbells and the passenger pegs.

And i cut about 10 inches off the exhaust and fabricating a downturn to dump under neath the bag. this allowed me to stretch the bags and fill in the cut out on the rear fender.

Nice work! how did you apply the paint on the heat shields (spray paint or paint gun?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Big dreams small pockets!!!

Site Supporter
    It's rattle can...

Might have made my bags a little too long in the back. Right now i think i am 12" over stock length and at a 4.5" vertical stretch. Bevelled of course to 45 degrees.... Maybe its time for the band saw...

Site Supporter
    trimmed it down to 9 inches back from stock. And now for the stretched Baddad rear fender....

Site Supporter
    Awesome work, love how everyone has the balls to just cut up high dollar parts to get the look they want. Looking forward to the finished product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

very nice man !! i'm in the same process !!

Site Supporter
    Surprisingly, the fender was a no brainer. Glassing the side covers into the bags didnt seem like too big a deal, cause if i messed them up, then i would just buy some new side covers. (cheaper of the two options) and just resand the bags. Then I cut the bag bottoms off and bevelled the floor 45 degrees. This was a little more anxious as I was now totally into the bag itself. i figured just adding the foam and fiberglass to the rear of the bags wouldnt be too much as, once again I was just adding and could go back and remove it. Here is where it got tricky... Once I had the bags roughed in, and had filled in the exhaust cutout, i realized that I could till see right through to the exhaust where the cutout on the bag was. I started thinking that maybe I would have to buy just a stretched fender. Well the black death fender was 1300 and the black label fender was 750 plus lights that i had worked hard to get in the bad dad in the first place. So when my neighbor suggested the bent metal stock and screwing it together and then backing it with sheet tin to hold the form, it took about 10 seconds for me to grab the air saw and start cutting. At this point, Im in for a pound...

Site Supporter
    Great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Site Supporter
    Now for a more pic of the complete rear end. Ended up stretching the baddad rear fender by almost 11 inches and the bags are 9 inches longer than stock, then throw in the glassed in side covers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast