THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XTHNG1 View Post
    I have the RG mounts. Thats what those two extensions are bolted to. The RG mount isn't long enough to reach the frame, look at were the 2 bolts are on the extensions.
    K, I see what you mean.
    2006 VTX1300c ProStreet

Got to work a little on the bike today. Working on a hidden inner support. Still got a little beating and grinding on it also need to make new tab for the ends. Still needs to be cleaned up and finish welded. It'll get powdercoated along with a crap load of other stuff.
    DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

Also got the fender in today. This fender is 8 inches wide and the current one is 11 so looks like I'm going to have to add 3 inches to it to get it to fit. Yeah fiberglass.

DSC00655.jpg
    DSC00656.jpg
    DSC00658.jpg
    DSC00659.jpg

Looking good man....cant wait to see when done.... like the attention to detail!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Video of 2008 Yamaha Raider 1900cc ..... http://youtu.be/9AChRZqGwx0

Well had a little setback today. The lower bars on the inner support where in the way of the headlight adjusters, so on to the next version. Looked at a coworkers road glide to see how close the fairing was to the tank and I'm nowhere close to it. His had about a 2 inch space mine has about a 1/2 inch. Hope to get this done tomorrow so I can start on widening the fender.

Site Supporter

XTHNG1's Bagger Build

Nice work! I've been off the site lately, so I just noticed your build for the first time. I'm planning to mount a Road Glide fairing to my VTX, too.

Question- why did you decide to make your own inner fairing support bar? Of course it requires a custom frame mount for a VTX, but I was planning to use an inner support bar that someone else makes. There are a bunch out there.

Lucien yeah there are a bunch of support bars out there but for the amount $$ I've got in mine it was a better choice for me, ie cheaper . It may not look as good as some that are out there but it's going to be hidden anyway. I used a stock harley road glide frame mount and made extensions to reach the VTX frame.

Site Supporter

XTHNG1's Bagger Build

Quote Originally Posted by XTHNG1 View Post
    Lucien yeah there are a bunch of support bars out there but for the amount $$ I've got in mine it was a better choice for me, ie cheaper . It may not look as good as some that are out there but it's going to be hidden anyway. I used a stock harley road glide frame mount and made extensions to reach the VTX frame.
    Okay, cool. So your decision was cost related, not because the existing ones wouldn't work. I get that.

As for the frame mount, I was planning something similar. I was going to start with an aftermarket for a raked bike, then make some adapters to adjust the fit. I've collected together a bunch of info and photos on other VTX guys that have mounted RG fairings. I'll find some photos...

Site Supporter
    Here is a VTX1800 guy and his frame mount. I had him send me more detailed photos of the mount. I'll email them to you, if you think it might help. You are far enough along that you probably don't need them.

Last edited by lucien; 10-13-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Go ahead and PM me the info as I might have to redo the frame mount. Noticed today one side of the inner is farther from tank than the other. Measured the support I made and it's the same distance on both sides. Here is the difference with just the inner mounted.

DSC00671.jpgDSC00672.jpg

If I put the support on it I can force it out, which I shouldn't have to, but throws everything else off.
    Here is the latest version of the inner support.

DSC00668.jpgDSC00669.jpgDSC00670.jpg

Ran out of time to try and figure out what's going on with it today. I'm going to check the frame mount in the morning. Thinking one of the extensions might be off.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast