THANK YOU to all the members who have purchased a $10 subscription, You have been entered into the monthly drawing from CHOPPEDBAGGERS the best Bagger Forum in the world!! Drawing is the last day of each month!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Looks real good Metric. Think I'm going to have to go with a custom fender to fit the 240 tire.

That bike has sumo kit under it also.

Ok, that gives me some hope. Hate to say it but your a little outa my price range. Wish I could do it thought. Maybe hit the lottery.

No problem just wanted to share some pics to show you it can be done. Your bike will turn out cool ass hell with any set up. Not too many of us metric guys around in relationship to the Harley's.

Quote Originally Posted by metric bagger View Post
    Attachment 34709Attachment 34710Attachment 34711

here is our bags on a 05 vtx1300. customer finished bike
    That turned out very nice. Wondering if that kit will work on an 1800, it should (non Sumo)?

Do you have to make your own seat and can it be two up?
    2006 VTX1300c ProStreet

Will work on stock bike. We make the seat pans and yes it can have 2 up riding we supply the new sub frame for it.

Working on figuring out the mounts for the fairing. What do you guys think, think it'll work or do I need to come up with something else ? I was thinking of welding the two parts together and bolting it to the frame where the clamp is and possibly in front of the downward brace. Or should I try to go to the lower frame brace. Problem with that is the down tubes I'd have to come out around them and then back in to the stock mount.
    DSC00646.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by XTHNG1 View Post
    Working on figuring out the mounts for the fairing. What do you guys think, think it'll work or do I need to come up with something else ? I was thinking of welding the two parts together and bolting it to the frame where the clamp is and possibly in front of the downward brace. Or should I try to go to the lower frame brace. Problem with that is the down tubes I'd have to come out around them and then back in to the stock mount.
    DSC00646.jpg

I would look at buying a used RG Mount and modifying it to work (may need to fab lower supports). I have look at RG Fairing on line but never actually seen one in person.
    2006 VTX1300c ProStreet

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser1300c View Post
    I would look at buying a used RG Mount and modifying it to work (may need to fab lower supports). I have look at RG Fairing on line but never actually seen one in person.
    I have the RG mounts. Thats what those two extensions are bolted to. The RG mount isn't long enough to reach the frame, look at were the 2 bolts are on the extensions.

Got to work on the mounts a little today. Cut off part of the stock mount so the extensions would line up better. Welded the upper anad lower extensions together, drilled and then it was the point of no return. Drilled the frame to mount the extensions. Wouldn't ya know it lost a nut for the other frame bolt somewhere in the garage and out of all the nuts in my nut jar not one fit.
    DSC00650.jpg
    Still need to round off the corners on the extensions. I'm happy with how they turned out, sure it'll look better once it gets powdercoated.
    DSC00651.jpg
    Was just playing around to see if I could get the bend right for the hidden support and it actually turned out perfect.
    DSC00649.jpg
    Last edited by XTHNG1; 09-29-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast